Abdominal bloating is a common physical condition that can be brought on by one too many things that we do in our everyday lives. Constipation, indigestion, gas and food allergies are common causes of a bloated belly. Not only is bloating unpleasant to look at, but it can also feel very uncomfortable.
If you’ve been dealing with a bloated belly, here are a few simple things you can do to regain your fit and flat tummy.
- Eat a high-fibre diet: Eating a nutritious diet that is high in fibre will keep constipation at bay and will prevent unnecessary abdominal bloating. These foods are beneficial for your system overall.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking enough water will not only keep your system clean and functioning smoothly, but will also create a sense of fullness and will prevent you from overeating.
- Avoid excessively salty foods: A diet that is high on sodium (excessively salty foods) is the common culprit for a bloated belly. Go easy on packaged foods, junk food, and anything that is high on salt or sugar.
- Rule out any food allergies: If you have been experiencing persistent abdominal bloating, then you may want to have yourself tested for some common food allergies, such as gluten or lactose intolerance. Modifying your diet accordingly may be of help.
- Exercise regularly: Remaining physically active and exercising regularly are among the best ways to deal with abdominal bloating. By exercising regularly, you will be toning and strengthening your abdominal muscles, thereby preventing the bloating caused by lax muscles.
Looking for some incredible workout gear to get motivated? Choose from a wide range of sports T-shirts online at Athlete Sportswear, India’s leading sportswear online shop.